19 June 2012

Big Mistake by Steven, No Quiz on Monday (for Many)

Dear PL/SQL Challenge Players,

I made a very big mistake today, and the result is that many of you could not play Monday's quiz.

I switched to maintenance mode at 15:00 to fix a bug, but then neglected to return to normal mode of play.

Then, seeing as I am in Taos, NM, I left the world of computers behind for Bandelier National Monument, an amazing place....but as a result, I did not notice that so many of you were notifying me of a problem with the site.

My deepest apologies. We will have to void the results for Monday's quiz.

I will change the site so that maintenance mode is always turned off after a period of time, so that if I happen to forget again, the site will correct itself.

Steven Feuerstein

1 comment:

  1. Hello Steven,

    I was continuously waiting for the site to come back since 19:00 up to 01:30 the next day
    (our local time), and, for the first time
    since 01-OCT-2010 I could not play the quiz.

    Now, I wake up at 05:30 in the morning to check the site, and to my amazement, there are results
    for yesterday's quiz :) :) :) :)

    I do hope that this day will be cancelled,
    which is very unfortunate, but still not fair
    not to do it !

    This case, just like the previous one last week,
    just invites again the same proposal that I made many times in the past, to leave the quiz open for an additional day if such "events" happen.
    I still think this could be the best solution,
    to leave everybody happy.

    Thanks a lot & Best Regards,
    Iudith
    at 05:45 in the morning

    ReplyDelete