10 September 2010

9 September Needs "Extreme Makeover" (1375)

Check out the post before this one and all the comments before reading further here. I have decided that the 9 September was a disaster of my own making. The main problem is that I decided to include packages and types in my definition of a PL/SQL block. Certainly they are program units in PL/SQL, but as the Oracle documentation says (and pointed out to me by Vitaliy Lyanchevskiy): "The basic units (procedures, functions, and anonymous blocks) that make up a PL/SQL program are logical blocks, which can be nested inside one another." I should have stuck with this definition and then the choices would have been a bit more understandable (though my use of certain phrases still was problematic). So I am going to execute an "extreme makeover" on this quiz. I will change the question so that it is explicitly about the "basic units" described above. I will clean up the choice language to avoid the ambiguities with "may" and "never". And I will give everyone a 100% correct score for this quiz; I will also change everyone's time on this answer to 60 seconds so that you all end up with the same weighted score. And then I sincerely hope we can all move on. And I can creating so much confusion in the future. SF

2 comments:

  1. I was so upset I scored too less in this beginner level quiz. I knew the concept very well and thought I answered correctly. My score is still low after re-scoring but glad to see all my answers marked correct even though they may not be as per your assumptions for each option :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was upset to see I scored so less in this beginner level quiz although I knew the concept very well. Thanks for re-scoring, at least now I can see all my answers marked correct even though they may not be as per your assumptions for each option :)

    ReplyDelete